Holiday Kitchen Refresh by Kohler
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 November 2013 03:32
Written by bkshowplace
Tuesday, 19 November 2013 03:32
So, you’ve graciously volunteered to host a large holiday gathering or big family confab, complete with house guests and multiple meals to plan. Chances are you’re regarding your kitchen with a more critical eye. Flaws that may have seemed trivial before, like a scratched and discolored sink or an outdated faucet that leaks, start to demand serious attention.
If you’re expecting holiday visitors, relax and take a deep breath. It’s easy to make a few simple changes that will spruce up your kitchen considerably, not only making a good impression on guests, but making your life easier in the long term.
Kitchen faucets have advanced by leaps and bounds in recent years, adding functionality that will help make your kitchen tasks easier and go more quickly. Here are a few tips for choosing the right faucet.
- Turbocharge your faucet function. Task-oriented pull-down and pullout faucets can simplify prep and cleanup work and make everyday life in the kitchen more efficient.
- Go hands-free. The Sensate™ touchless faucet frees your hands so you can speed through Thanksgiving dinner prep, cooking and cleanup without spreading messes and germs throughout the kitchen.
- Find your type. If you plan to keep your existing sink, be sure to take a look at its number of hole drillings to determine which type of faucet you need. If you end up with extra sink holes, you can add functional accessories like a soap/lotion or hot-water dispenser.
Sinks come in a dizzying range of styles, sizes, shapes and materials. Focusing on your needs and targeting convenience will help you narrow your choices.
- Step up to easy style. If your plans include a more contemporary look for your kitchen, consider going with stainless steel–a popular choice for its versatile good looks and durability. Some models feature easy-to-clean corners and handy accessories.
- Keep your countertop. If you yearn for a new sink and your countertop is still in great shape, look for a top-mount sink that’s the same size as your existing model.
- Streamline your workspace. If you want the sleek look of an under-mount sink and the easy installation of a top-mount model, consider the Vault™ sink. With its ultra-thin rim, it keeps a low profile while fitting into your existing footprint.
You’d be surprised how much you can boost your productivity, stay organized and make prep tasks go more smoothly by adding little extras like sink racks, cutting boards, colanders and strainers to your sink.
- Fits like a glove. You’ll get the most out of custom-fit accessories that are designed to fit your KOHLER sink.