Bath and Kitchen Fixtures Dallas
Last Updated on Thursday, 30 August 2012 10:43
Written by admin
Thursday, 30 August 2012 10:42
Dallas TX is home to a 52-foot-tall cowboy statue, the headquarters of convenience store 7-11, and of course, The Bath & Kitchen Showplace! Here are a few more fun facts about Dallas:
- The frozen margarita machine was invented in Dallas.
- The integrated circuit computer chip (which became the microchip) was invented in Dallas in 1958.
- The 52 foot ‘Big Tex’ statue that greets visitors at the annual State Fair of Texas is the tallest cowboy in Texas.
- With the roof enclosed, the entire Statue of Liberty could fit into the new Cowboys Stadium.
- During the winter holiday season, the Galleria Dallas is home to the country’s tallest indoor Christmas tree.
- The largest permanent model train exhibit in the country is on display in the lobby of Dallas Children’s Medical Center.
- The Dallas Arts District is the largest urban arts district in the United States.
- The Trinity River Corridor Project, when completed, will be more than 10 times the size of New York’s Central Park.
- Highland Park Village Shopping Center, developed in 1931 has the distinction of being the first planned shopping center in America.
- The first convenience store, 7-eleven, got its start in Dallas and the corporation is headquartered there today.
- Lamar Hunt, founder of the American Football League and son of oil tycoon H.L. Hunt, was a noted Dallas resident when he coined the phrase ‘Super Bowl’.
- A few celebrities from the area: Angie Harmon, Luke and Owen Wilson, Nastia Luikin, Lee Trevino, Norah Jones, Erykah Badu, Jessica Simpson
- A few of the movies/tv series filmed in the area: Dallas; Silkwood; Places in the Heart; RoboCop; Born on the Fourth of July; Walker, Texas Ranger; Prison Break (more listed at www.filmdfw.com)
- The Dallas area is the largest metropolitan area in the nation not on a navigable body of water.
- The Dallas-Fort Worth Arlington Metroplex is the No. 1 visitor and leisure destination in Texas.
- The Dallas Public Library permanently displays one of the original copies of the Declaration of Independence, printed on July 4, 1776, and the First Folio of William Shakespeare’s “Comedies, Histories & Tragedies.”
- The Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is home to 41 of the richest Americans.
This entry was posted on Thursday, August 30th, 2012 at 10:42 am and is filed under Blog. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
bath and kitchen bath and kitchen fixtures bath and kitchen plumbing bath and kitchen showplace bathroom design bathroom faucets Bathroom fixtures bathroom plumbing bkshowplace delta faucet design inspiration faucet faucets kitchen kitchen and bath fixtures kitchen design kitchen faucet Kitchen faucets Kitchen fixtures kitchen plumbing kitchen remodel kitchen sink kohler moen plumbing fixtures